Sounds are one of the best ways to enhance your videos and stay on trend TikTok, and there are several options for customizing how the sound will appear in your video.
TikTok “sounds” are simply fragments of songs or original audio files that any user can use on the platform as the background of their own videos. Sometimes it’s chart hits, memes, and sometimes it’s just raw audio from another video that people remake.
Many trends in dance and lip syncing are centered around these popular sounds, often people choose certain parts or verses in songs as the basis for their videos.
However, when adding sounds to a video in the editor, sometimes there can be confusion that will make it difficult to get exactly the part of the song you want. Fortunately, the process isn’t too complicated.
How to add TikTok sound to your video
Adding sounds to your videos is an easy process.
- Launch TikTok and open the editor by clicking the plus button.
- Click Add Sound at the top of the screen.
- Tap the sound you want to use and tap the checkmark to add it. You can also do this after recording the video by clicking on the “sounds” button in the lower left corner.
How to edit sounds on TikTok
After adding the sound, you may need to make some adjustments. To edit the part of the sound you’re using:
- Click the “trim” button on the right side of the screen (if you’ve already recorded your video, the “trim” button is located in the “sounds” section).
- Drag the slider to adjust which part of the song you want your video to start with.
- Tap the check mark to confirm.
To edit the volume:
- When you’re done recording the video, click the sounds button in the lower left corner.
- Select the volume tab and use the slider to adjust the volume compared to the original sound.
- Tap the screen again to confirm.
The steps, thankfully, are very simple and make it very easy to set up your video and customize it the way you want.