TikTok has gradually increased the maximum length of videos over the years, meaning you can now fit even more content into a post on the platform — here’s everything you need to know about how long your videos can stay on the app.
TikTok has become one of the most popular social media platforms thanks to the many trends, filters, songs and funny videos that are in the app.
But as the user base grows and more and more people try to create content, many wonder if there is an option to shoot and upload longer videos.
How long can a TikTok be?
Videos included TikTok currently it can last up to 10 minutes.
Although initially users could only record and upload 15-second videos on TikTok, this limit was later increased to one minute and then to three minutes due to the need for longer videos to be able to include more in one video.
Although the 3-minute limit gave much more freedom to content creators, some called for the limit to be increased again. In February 2022, TikTok announced that they were starting to publish 10-minute videos on the platform.
The new video length has proven useful for many users who often need to upload videos in multiple parts to teach a lesson or share a story.
How to make a 10-minute TikTok?
To make 10 min TikTok, first you need to make sure this option is available in your version of the app. Make sure you’ve updated TikTok in the appropriate app store, but if there isn’t an option for 10-minute videos, it might not be available in your region yet.
To check if you already have this feature:
- Open TikTok.
- Click the plus button to open the camera.
- Slide your finger on the pink circle button to select 15s, 60s, 3 minutes or 10 minutes if that option is available to you.
If there is no such option, unfortunately, this means that you do not currently have access to this feature. However, as TikTok makes it available to more and more people, you’ll soon be able to shoot much longer videos.
How to make TikTok with multiple videos?
If you can’t make the most of 10 minutes video feature, you may need to get creative and cram as much content as possible into 3 minutes. One way to effectively use the time limit is to upload multiple clips for the same video and crop them to your liking.
- Launch TikTok and click the plus button to start a new video.
- Click the “Upload” button in the lower right corner to download media files from your camera roll.
- Click the circles on the images or videos you want to add to your video to select them.
- Click Next and then click Customize Clip to change the length of your videos.
- Click Save, then add any effects, text, or music you want to add.